One of our goals at DFW Fiber Fest is to spread our love and appreciation of the fiber arts. To that end, we are introducing a new program this year that will begin a scholarship program benefiting those individuals who would like to further their fiber arts knowledge through one of the DFW Fiber Fest classes but would otherwise not be able to attend a class.
For this initial year, we are pleased to be able to offer five scholarships that will go to five individuals - allowing each of them to choose one class from the available classes on our schedule.
Feel free to pass this opportunity along to your LYS's and Guilds - they may know of someone who would be a worthy candidate!
TO APPLY: Please draft your responses to the following questions, include your name, email address and phone number and return your answers by email to email@example.com
- Please tell us briefly your “fiber” story.
- What does your particular fiber art mean to you and how did you get started?
- Have you previously taken classes and DFW Fiber Fest and if so which classes?
- How would this class benefit you/your nominee?
- How do you plan to take this opportunity to share your skill with your community - however you define your "community"?
If you would like to nominate someone else for a scholarship, please answer all the questions about your nominee, including the nominee's name and email address, add your own name, email address and phone number, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate how you would prefer your nominee to be informed if they are chosen by the Scholarship Committee
Applications and Nominations must be received by February 24, 2017.